NOTE: This description is NOT for Sophos XG firewall. That is a completely different product.
Easiest way to manually update / upgrade the firmware in Sophos UTM (aka ASTARO aka Sophos SG firewall) is via the ssh command line interface.
- Log into the SSH with Putty or from another ssh server and become root / su.
- wget all the needed updates from http://download.astaro.com/UTM/v9/up2date/ :
- Make updates visible and available in the GUI with:
auisys.plx -showdesc --verbose
- Run updates from the GUI or run this command to execute the updates / upgrades in the CLI:
- The system will automatically reboot when the updates / upgrades are done.